author: Lori Crete
I was stuck in LA traffic and my mind started thinking about my business and I found myself wondering, “HOLY COW! There was NO internet when I started as an esthetician! How the heck did I get clients in the door so quickly?”
I have built up a booked-solid, profitable practice, moved and started over four times! ...and I am getting ready to do it again.
Looking back, it has never taken me more than six months to rebuild and I get excited about being able to practice what I preach.
- Client Attraction
- Social Media
- Building a beauty biz from scratch
- Feeling confident and proud along the way
Whenever I decide to change up my life and make a BIG shift, I first get scared (really
scared) and question decision, but deep down I know that it always works out for the best.
I have become a better speaker, educator, esthetician, and mentor from the experiences I gain during the starting over process.
I will be sharing more details on my move as it unfolds and develops - just be sure you open my emails for the next few months to join me on my “starting over” journey. I will be sharing all the juicy details on how and why I decided to walk away from a 16-year profitable business and start over.
So back to sitting in LA traffic :)
One thought lead to another and I started thinking about all the changes that have taken place over the last 16 years and how they will affect my strategy to build up again in a new location.
Funny thing is, even though there are TONS of ways to build a beauty biz I plan to stick to the basics, because building up a business is really not that hard to do when you decide to confidently connect with your community.
Here’s a peek at my P.O.A.
- Send an email out to all my friends and family members letting them know how excited I am to offer them beauty services at my new location.
- P.S. my email with the following, “if you have any friends, family members or co-workers who are in need of a facial, eyebrow or bikini wax, or an amazing spray tan please send them my way.”
- Find a spot to volunteer my time so I can network with people who share similar beliefs – this type of connection is a great way to quickly build a clientele.
- Head to the same workout class 4 times a week at so I start to see the same people over and over. Becoming a familiar face is very important when you want to connect with women - and men - who invest in looking and feeling their best.
- Find three community influencers to invite in for what I call a “support trade off.” I offer these people a facial, and in return I ask for a shout out on their social platforms. I also mention how important it is for me to connect with and support others in their biz. It's a win-win.
- Use my Beauty Biz Club members to bounce ideas off.
During times of change we need the support of others to help us stay centered, focused and moving forward in a productive way.
The Beauty Biz Club is a membership platform that I created for the beauty industry to uplift and support one another.
I am proud to say it is packed full of the most supportive success driven gals ever!
If you are in need of a place to learn, grow and share I invite you to join me in this exclusive success-based society designed to provide you the ongoing resources needed to become a top earner the beauty industry.
Want more ideas on how I plan to fill my treatment room?
Make sure you're on my mailing list, and be sure to open the emails you receive from me because I am getting ready to offer you some really exciting biz growth opportunities!
Click here to join me in the Essentials Forum Training Library for the success achieving system that EVERY motivated practitioner needs to know.
- Free report on Finding Joy
- Free Success Segment
- 60 Day Beauty Biz Success Challenge
- And of course, anytime is a good time to become a standing member of the Beauty Biz Club!